1 Jul 2017
1 Dec 2017 (Extended to 10 Jan 2018)
15 Jan 2018
16 Apr 2018 (Extended to 15 Jun 2018)
From 16 July 2018
By 17 September 2018
Thu, 1 Nov 2018
17:30 – 18:30 (Right before the Symposium Banquet)
Who can Participate?
- The competition is open to undergraduate and graduate students from any university and institution. All Rock Bowl participants have to be a paid conference registrant.
- The age limit is 38 years of age or younger, on or before 03 Nov 2018.
- Students can participate as individuals or as a team (min 3 members, max 5 members).
Individual participants or teams with less than 3 members will be grouped.
- To register your participation, please fill in this form and send it to ARMS10 Secretariat firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 30 Oct 2018
What is required?
- Each team will require a smartphone with the “Kahoot” application installed.
- To download “Kahoot”, please scan the QR code below
- Each team is required to log in to their “Kahoot” application before the competition.
Let’s Rock Bowl!
- The game master will flash the questions via Kahoot. Each team has a max of 20 seconds to answer each question on a smartphone.
- All questions are based on the technical literature of rock mechanics fundamentals, rock mechanics applied to geology engineering, mining, and petroleum geomechanics.
- There will be no questions involving calculation.
- Cash Awards
- Winning team: SGD1,000
- 1st runner-up: SGD500
- 2nd runner-up: SGD300
- In the case of a tie, the team who takes the least time to answer all the questions will be the winner
For further enquiries regarding RockBowl, please feel free to email ARMS10@meetmatt.net.
The organizing committee reserves the right to change the rules without prior notice.